The digitalisation has left no stone unturned, and has conquered almost every aspect of the economy. Be it ecommerce, travel or education, the impact can be witnessed in all the respective industries.
The fitness industry is no more different, the exponential growth of internet and smart phones have resulted in the advent of enormous opportunities in the industry. The online personal training is one of the most popular trends that has garner the maximum eye balls.
Today, the fitness experts from every nooks and corner of the world are leveraging the online personal training. Thanks to the social media boom, that has bestowed a powerful platform in order to capitalize people and propagate what you can offer to them. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Skype, Watsapp and so on, are widely used as a part of online fitness training programs.
In India, though the concept of online fitness training is at a nascent stage, it is proliferating and capturing the maximum share in the industry. Be it athletes or the fitness coaches, everybody is offering their online fitness consultation and training. Customised diet plans, customised workout plans, and online screening etc. are some of the services that online trainers offer.
Online Personal Training V/S Conventional Training
- In the conventional personal training, the trainer blocks his particular time slot for the trainee, whereas in the online personal training, a trainer has no time constraint, and his reach amplifies enormously.
- From the trainee perspective, he/she get access of the trainer 24 hours, unlike the conventional training where the trainer is accessible only for an hour or so.
- Some trainees do have ego issues, as a result, they publicly hesitate to ask their personal trainer about the right form and techniques to perform a particular exercise , the concept of online training has removed this hindrance between a trainee and a trainer.
- The online training is a cost effective approach to the reach maximum people, that further helps the trainer to reach various geographies at a same time.
Despite of so many benefits of an online training, it is always a smart idea to know your online trainer before you hire him.
Things To Look For In An Online Trainer
- Always hire a certified and experienced online trainer. Look into his website, Linked in or the Facebook profile etc. Checkout his educational background,
- Never get mesmerised with the big muscles of your coach. Big muscles is the not the sign of a scientific knowledge. Always analyse his knowledge and not the physique. However, a coach ought to have a decent physique though.
- Look for some testimonials of his clients. Try to connect to his clients and ask for a feedback.
The technology has come up a long way, the power of social media has proven a boon for several industries and no wonder, the online fitness training will be the next big thing in India.
About The Author
[Rachit Dua is an advanced certified personal trainer for general and special population (people with medical issues). He is also a certified sports nutritionist and an online fitness consultant.]
Note from Misfits: The views and opinions expressed are solely those of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views held by Misfits, its creators or employees. Misfits is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by guest bloggers.